A skin biopsy was performed to evaluate the lesion of concern. We will call you with the results in about 7 to 10 business days.
- Take the bandage off tomorrow.
- Treat the area like a regular cut.
- Clean with soap and water in the morning and evening.
- Use Aquaphor/Cerave or plain vaseline.
- Change the bandage every day with a new one for the first week, then stop.
If stitches were placed, they should be removed in about 7 days on the face and 10 days on the body. Suture removal will be done in our office.
Your biopsy will be sent to a pathology lab for processing and evaluation. The pathology lab is an independent entity that will have their own fee. The fee is dependent on your insurance benefits. If you do not have insurance, please reach out to the lab for their current cash pay rate, Barr Dermatopathology: (949) 680-2403.
Call the office if you have any questions or concerns.